Friday, January 15, 2010

Dogs are Tools for Survival.


Your dog is a companion and a tool. You don’t buy hammer to chop wood do you? There are two major problems with people and their dogs. 1. They get the wrong dog for what they want out of it. 2. They don’t know how to train their dog to be obedient. What I hate are people who train their dog NOT to bark or bite. Here is an idea, train your dog WHEN to bark or bite.

My dogs barks at the door, but when I call them off they relax. If I can yell at the internet this is what I would scream. IT'S A DOG, THAT’S HOW I WANT MY DOG TO BE. The key is obedience. I want my dog to bark at noises it hears, and bite any intruders. But I want it to obey when I command it. That’s why my dogs are tools.

Imagine for a moment a riot has broken out in your city. I’m going to get my guns loaded and my dogs perked up. I will be sitting in my chair watching the riot on TV with my shotgun in hand and my dog by my side. Because I am a survivalist, I am prepared to survive a riot. If someone comes to break into my house I will be the only one left surviving.

At Cesar Millan's compound I can hop the fence and mark my territory all over his lawn and not one of those dogs will do their job. That is sad.

Let me conclude with this. If you ever had to put down a dog because it bit an innocent person, it’s only your fault. But if I’m being attacked, I want to know that I have a trusty tool at my side ready to fight for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment